Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh My Blog!


I have graciously been given the Oh My Blog! Award by Chris and Jess from Park Benches and Bookends. This actually happened on May 5, but I have been (and still am) studying for finals and AP exams and other such fun. Therefore, you probably won't see many reviews from me for a while. However, I do need to respond to the award and pass it on, so here goes. The way the award works is this:

"1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" post.
(d) Make your next blog a 'vlog'/video blog. Basically, you're talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.
3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers. Don't forget to tell them."

Since I'm under 21 and in the U.S., (a) is out; because I'm self-conscious, (b), (d), and (e) are out...so, childhood soundtrack! I'm a child of the 90s, so I grew up listening to Disney soundtracks, boy bands, and Britney Spears. I absolutely adored the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears in elementary school, and I'm pretty sure "Oops, I Did it Again" was the first pop song I ever knew by heart. *cringe* By the time I got into middle school, both Britney and the boy bands were no longer in favor; Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, and the Beatles were my singing idols of choice. (I was a very pop-oriented child.) And while I still like the Beatles to some extent, I also cringe at Hilary and Lindsay. Ick. However, I still love Disney movie soundtracks--Hercules, The Lion King, and Aladdin are my favorites--and know way more lyrics than I probably should. In this respect, I don't think I'll ever grow up, and I'm proud of that.

And my nominations are, (*drumroll*)
The Book Owl
Babbette's Book Blog
50 Books

Award completed! Now, I have to go study some more.

1 comment: